304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Are you trying to set up 2-Step Verification for your Google account but keep being returned to the previous Sign-In & Security page? Well, it’s most likely because you are using your own domain name with a G Suite account (formerly known as Google Apps) and there’s a little bit more setup needed before you can continue.
Follow these few, simple steps to help you get you set up for Google 2 Step Verification:
1. Head over to G Suite and sign in.
2. When you have signed in head over to the Main Menu
3. Click Security
4. Now click Basic Settings
5. Scroll down to Two-Step Verification
6. Tick the box next to Allow users to turn on 2-step verification
7. Click Save
8. Now head over to Sign-In & Security in your Google Account Settings
9. Scroll down to 2-Step Verification
10. Now you can follow the setup instructions to enable 2-Step Verification for your Google account.
Congratulations! Now you can set up extra security on your Google account! Next I would highly recommend setting up the following while you are in the 2-Step Verification section of your Sign-In & Security settings:
If you’re wondering how to improve your account password strength head over my other post to find out more.
Let me know how you get on in the comments below, maybe you have a better suggestion? I’d love to hear from you and join the discussion!